Internship Program Visa Information

Below is a table with some information about the visas frequently used with AIPP’s professional internship programs.

The information on this page is sourced from the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and is subject to change.

This information is general only and is not for migration advice. For migration advice, please consult a registered migration agent.


You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • don’t have a dependent child with you at any time during your stay in Australia
  • have a passport from one of the countries on the table below.

About this VISA

The Work and Holiday (Temporary) visa (subclass 462) is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.

It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

Working in Australia – six months with one employer: You can generally only work six months with one employer.

Please be advised that all content provided by AIPP is subject to our Migration Information Disclaimer